Monday, October 26, 2009

Lots to Post About! Birthdays, Babies, Friends

So it's been a few weeks since I last posted.  An update on Bella and Buddy -- They are both being fixed today and have had some inquiries on adoption, but no permanant bites yet!


So last Tuesday was my birthday!  I hit the big 2-5!!!  It's weird to be 25... it feels like yesterday I was graduating high school and moving into the dorm to start my freshman year at A&M.  What a great year it has been for me so far... I finished my first year of teaching, I got married, and have been able to spend quality time with a lot of friends and family!


So to start with the updating... let's talk about my birthday present from Scott.  The week before, Scott told me that he had decided on a gift for me and that we were going to celebrate it on Saturday.  I was really excited!  I had no idea what it was b/c the way he was talking it was going to be an all day thing.  Well it was!!!  He took me to Six Flags in Arlington!!!  


 That is one of the best birthday presents anyone has ever gotten me.  I had told him back in the summer, that after we moved to Mansfield, I wanted to try to go... but with our busy travel weekends we never were able to.  So Saturday, October 17th, we got up, got dressed and ready and got their shortly after they opened at 10.  I love roller coasters... I'm pretty much not afraid of any of them.  Since we got there so early it wasn't real crowded and we went straight to Scott's favorite ride, the Titan.  I was 2 the last time I came here so I had no idea what any of the rides were.  The Titan is awesome!  We were able to ride in the very front... it takes you 25 1/2 stories up (the tallest ride at the park) and then drops straight down where you get up to 85 miles an hour.  It was the most thrilling, stomach tickling ride I have ever been on... SO awesome.  Below are some pictures I took...


You can see the top of the first drop...


From there we rode all of the big rides... Superman, Texas Giant, Shockwave, Batman, Mr. Freeze, Runaway Mine Train, Runaway Mountain.




Superman (left) is just like Dungeon Drop at Astroworld.  It takes you up high and you just drop straight down and go back up multiple times.  Scott made sure to remind me that that was the kind of ride that that girl had her foot cut off by a cable when she rode it.  Such a loving, sweet husband!  


The Texas Giant is a wooden roller coaster (right).  It was fun, but I have to say a little rough for me.  I never thought I would say that b/c I loved the Cyclone at Astroworld, but I kind of hurt after riding that one.  We didn't do that one again, but were glad we rode it.


The shockwave was awesome.  To the right and below is us waiting in line... One with both and one with Scott pouting that we didn't walk right up to the ride... We rode in front on that one several times... you do 2 loops in a row, makes you a little dizzy and light headed!  What a rush you get!  




















Batman your feet hang and it's a big roller coaster... it was fun.  We only rode it once, but after we went home thought, 'dang, we should have done that one again!'  That's the ride to the right.




Mr. Freeze was short but awesome.  You start inside this tunnel.  You go 0 to 70 in 3.8 seconds I think.  You go into the tunnel and outside.  There's all of these twists and turns and loops and then it ends with you going straight up... you see the end of the track and think you are going to fly off of the end... then the ride slows and falls backward.  You do the whole thing backwards now where you can't see where you are going only to end back at the start again.  That was awesome and we would have done it again, but it had a longer wait time just because it was so popular.  If you look in the batman picture you can see the top of the Mr. Freeze ride.   And while we waited I took a picture of Mr. Freeze "operating" the ride. :)



So the next morning we drove to College Station.  On the way, we stopped to meet a special newborn.  The weekend before Amelia Wegwert was born!  Scott's sister, Kelli, was a proud new mama!  Scott and I are not at all experienced with babies, so it took some getting used to... she is so tiny!  Below are some pictures...

The first is myself with Amelia and Aunt Robin next to me.  The 2 below that is Uncle Scott getting to know her and even Lily was interested in her!






We got back into Mansfield on my birthday:)  Scott had to work, but we got in around 10.  When he got home, he cooked me a steak dinner and baked me a cake... Such a sweetheart...


The last part of my post is about the great friends that Scott and I have met since we have been here.  We have 2 neighbors, Tracy and Lynn who are so fun to hang out with!  At the beginning of October when Scott was in Canada, I went out with Tracy and Lynn.  Well, this past weekend we did the same.  We went out in the Stockyards in Fort Worth and I thought I would share some pictures we took...



The group out on Karoke Night


Myself with Lynn and Tracy

Me and Lynn


Me and Scott out in the Stockyards

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are back to blogging! I was beginning to wonder where you went. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Birthday to me! I don't do rollercoasters, eek!!!
    Thanks for updating :)
    And Thanks for the PPR tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I was gone for a couple of weeks... we were so busy, I just couldn't sit down to take the time... I'm really bad about letting pictures stay on my camera.

    Thank you both for the Bday wishes:)

    Jen, If you need any other help with PPR, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Finally Mr. and Mrs.!!!