Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I was going to post on Monday, but I have been out of it.  In bed by 9... I am getting old!


This past weekend we went down to College Station.  Scott's mom's side celebrated Thanksgiving early.  It was fun!  We got to the farm around 7:45, ate dinner, and just relaxed until we went to bed.  Saturday morning we got up early, I made cinnamon rolls and coffee.  Scott started mowing the yard so we wouldn't have to worry about it later.  For those who don't know, in college, I lived in the house my mom grew up in.  After my grandparents passed away, it was left to mom along with several acres.  She owns it with my cousin who takes care of the cows, etc.  It was a great place for me to live and Lily loved being on the farm!  She loved chasing rooster, chickens, guineas, turkeys, the donkey and of course the cows.  It's nice to have a place to stay and gives us an excuse to go back to Aggieland frequently.  We both miss it!


After we got ready, we headed to town to have my engagement ring cleaned and looked over by the jeweler Scott got it from.  I've had a stone come out... luckily into my hand, but now I go there every time I am in town to have them check the prongs, etc.


From there it was on to Nana's.  She lives in Reagan, TX about 40 minutes north of Bryan.  We had a blast.  It was great to see family and eat great food!  We were going to bring Lily but thought it might be too hectic with everyone.  Once we were there, everyone asked about her, so we will definitely bring her when we go at Christmas.  We chatted for a while, ate lunch around 1 and then we decided to go target shooting.  Scott and I really want to get our CHL's and practicing pushed it one step forward.  I am not experienced at shooting at all.  I did awful at first.  I didn't even get on target!!!  Scott's stepdad, Keith, said I was anticipating the kickback of the gun and pushing my wrist down as I pulled the trigger which made it shoot below the target.  Once he told me how to correct it I did pretty good.  Even got one in the bullseye!  Pictures below!


Me getting the gun ready to shoot



I thought I was standing funny... but all of the girls were standing like that!



Great picture taken by Scott's Cousin Bret (he and his wife are photographers!)



Another shot, cool angle Bret:)







Scott and I shooting together... he's really good!!!!



Scott's Sister Robin and her husband Clint



Our nephew Michael shooting with his dad Lance helping him



Scott's mom, Maiya and brother in law, Lance



We took another picture:)



Nana watching everyone practice



I love the attractive ear protectors... I don't have a clue what they are really called lol



The cool artsy shot of my target... all my bullets!!!



Normal shot of it...  I was proud of myself!!!

Then I decided to try shooting a shotgun.  I was nervous because I know that a 12-gauge kicks back alot.  Here's me shooting and my reaction after. 






We had so much fun.  After we finished with that, the guys wanted to shoot one of Clint's guns... I don't know what it is, but here's pictures...





That night, Bret and his wife, Ann stayed with us in Bryan.  We went back to the house and got ready and went out to Hurricane Harry's for George Strait night:) 


Newlyweds Bret and Ann



Me and Scott... not a great picture of me, but that's ok



Me and Bret



Scott and Bret



Me and Ann :)



We had such a great time!  The next morning we let their new puppy Cash, and our dog Lily play outside.  Here's a picture after they played and went for a walk... they were pooped! They are the best of friends:)



I hope everyone has had a great week!  Scott and I don't have any plans this weekend which is nice.  We will be putting up our christmas tree and putting out decorations!  I can't wait for our first Christmas as a married couple.  I'll post pictures of the decorations this weekend.  Happy Humpday!!



1 comment:

Finally Mr. and Mrs.!!!