Monday, November 2, 2009

Lazy Lake House Weekends

I hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween!  Scott and I did not do anything special as far as dressing up or giving out candy.  I would like to next year maybe, but this year we went to my parents' lake house:) We left on Friday after Scott and I got off work.  It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Mansfield, so we stopped and ate at Chili's in Huntsville on the way.


Saturday was a nice lazy day.  We drank coffee and just sat around the table talking.  Once it started warming up outside, we decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and go out on our last boat ride of the year.  Even though it was 70s, I bundled up and layered clothes.  Mom, dad and Scott made fun of me... but I was smart in doing that because the air was cool when we were going.


We decided to take Dixie and Lily with us.  They love boat rides.  We used to take them all of the time, but when we would swim they would want to get in with us which is kind of a pain so we usually don't take them.  They were so happy though... Here are some pictures of them on the boat along with a few others...
Lily saw another dog and perked up with interest




Scott enjoying the boat ride... he later wished he had put pants on too!




Headed out of the cove to the main part of the lake




Mom and Dixie enjoying the gorgeous weather




Scott used Lily to keep warm... she's a good blanket and enjoys being a lap dog




A ton of seagulls and pelicans were down near the dam.  We have never seen so many birds down there.  It was neat to watch them, but we were also ducking our heads to keep from getting pooped on :)



Another shot of the birds a little closer as they were flying away


Lily and Dixie enjoying a beer as we stopped to float for a while.  Notice Lily licking her chops... she was excited about the Miller Light :)


Me and the Hubby hanging out while we floated



Lily laying out of the sun for a while.  So photogenic



Lily sniffing the cool air with her ears flapping in the wind.  I thought this was a perfect picture of her


Lily perked up again as we got back to the cove... this time she saw ducks.  We have to watch her because she WILL jump in after them.  I love when her ears are up like that!



We hung out and watched some football after we got back.  It was starting to cool off outside even more since it was beginning to get dark.  After dinner we decided to have a camp fire.  We had some hay that we needed to burn.  Unfortunately once we got that burning, we couldn't get the wood to burn because it was so wet from all of the rain.  After a lot of hard work, Scott and my dad got a good fire going to keep us warm.

Dad working on the fire



Scott and I staying warm



Pretty good little fire:)  You can see Scott still keeping it going



Walking back up to the house after the fire started going out



The last part that I wanted to share was what we did after the campfire.  We showered and got the smokey smell out and mom had baked me an awesome birthday cake!  We didn't get to see them on my birthday so this was going to be my birthday weekend with them.  Check out the pictures!  Thanks mom for my presents and awesome cake:)

 The cake was in the shape of a pumpkin:)  So cute!  I almost didn't want to eat it... ALMOST

 

Mom got me this really funny card...  The top part said THEN:  You read my Diary??? and the bottom part said NOW:  Only 200,000 people have read my BLOG?? 
Perfect card for me:)


We had a great weekend and can't wait for the holidays!  Hope y'all like my updated Thanksgiving themed look of the blog:)  Happy Fall!
  

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous weekend!We did our last boat ride of the season a couple weekend's ago as well! Do your dogs LOVE the boat? Mine do!!!! They cry as were lowering it while their waiting to get on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... mine, Lily, is the worst about it. She will try to jump in before it's ready and lowered all of the way. I'm already for boating season again! Although I love the holidays too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe looks like a wonderful time! and by the way... I changed my fonts... thanks for your help :) it was a big pain but i like the outcome :) PS happy belated bday! cute cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad I missed the lake weekend! Looks like fun.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Finally Mr. and Mrs.!!!