So I know I was supposed to update last week about Christmas, but I'm just now getting to it.
We had a very busy holiday. The weekend before Christmas we went to his dad's. We had a great time... Lily jumped in the pool when she wasn't supposed to... always fun right? We got to see his sister's and his dad and stepmom, KK. There was a ton of great food, and a nice relaxing start to the holiday. Our present opening was a blast. Every year, we get Christmas Money and we had to go on a scavenger hunt to find it. What a blast!
That Sunday afternoon, Scott took me to Mom's and he had to go back home to work for 2 days. I enjoyed spending some time with mom and helped with some baking in the kitchen some. Our Christmas was a nice quiet one... we didn't have to travel anywhere else which was nice. Here are some pictures from Christmas:
Scott and I and out pup Lily Ann
Scott and Jennifer and their pup Richie
Us Children :)
Mom and Dad with Dixie
Those pictures were taken after church on Christmas Eve. After that we watched "It's A Wonderful Life." What a classic!
Christmas morning was great! Santa was very good to us this year! Scott got me a Garmin :) And I got him a BluRay player and 4 blurays. Mom and Dad got me our Food Processor, and Wii Sports Resort:) We got several other things, but those were the biggest. Pictures below:
Stockings with Richie and Lily's help... Scott won $30 in Scratch offs!!! We get them every year, and that's the most anyone has ever gotten!!! Something is wrong with this picture... He hasn't been around nearly long enough to win that!!
Food Processor
Wii Sports Resort
Garmin
BluRay Player:)
My sister and Brother Scott came over that evening to do presents. They got me a very cute Apron to wear while cooking!The best gift of the night was my parents giving him a Red Ryder BB Gun like the one from his favorite movie... "A Christmas Story." There was even a note in it that said "Don't shoot your eye out!"
So a little late yes, sorry. But that's our Christmas!
This weekend we will be going to the lake with my family. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.
I'm also asking for a prayer request. My sister's dog, Richie, had surgery today after tearing his "ACL". I know many of you think he's just a dog, but he is a member of our family and Jen and Scott think of him as their child much like Lily is ours. He did great in surgery and we expect a full recovery. He has a long road ahead... 8-12 weeks of very limited activity... the first 2 probably crate rest. BUT, we are looking forward to Richie being back to his sweet, playful self in no time! Here's an adorable picture of this 2 1/2 year old pup.
Hope everyone is having a great week! Take Care!











No comments:
Post a Comment